Sunday, June 30, 2013

Wedding dress quilt




Looking for random conversation, some good laughs and the occasional bargain? Here's your group.





Please review the additional guidelines that will be enforced on top of the Community Guidelines, in order to maintain a friendly environment that is welcoming to all:





4. Profanity is no longer censored, but please think about who may be reading your posts before you use it. This includes helping a friend-in-need here in the BabyCenter Community.





7. Calling a community member a Troll is considered a personal attack by Babycenter, and such posts will be deleted.





8. You may not post links to your website or a friend's website within a post. If you have a website you would like to share with the requestor, you must ask them to pass you a note if they are interested. You may NOT pass them a note about your business unless they explicitly state they would like people to pass them a note with their business link. Doing so unsolicited is a violation of the following portion of Babycenter's Selling Guidelines:





Please note that if someone sends you an unsolicited note, journal entry or talk that is commercial or personal business related, this is a violation of these rules. We'd appreciate it if you'd let us know so that we can address the issue.





Share your tips on saving money and where to find the best bargains, deals, freebies. We also like to throw in a lot of off topics and a little bit of drama.





Has anyone had a quilt made with your wedding dress? I got married last April in Negril JA. I do not have a daughter and even if I do I doubt she will want to wear it. I wouldn't have wanted to wear my mom's. So I thought making a quilt with it would be a great way to save it and if I never have more kids my son can have when he is older. Does anyone have any advice or names of someone who could do this for me? I googled some places but I am kinda leary of mailing my wedding dress to a stranger. TIA





Google "quilting" and your city - see if there are any quilting supply stores and if you find one, put an ad up there. Even if there aren't any quilting supply stores, see if any local fabric would let you put up an ad. lot of old Granny's don't use the internet!





I wouldn't want to mail it either - if you're going to pay someone to do it you need to make sure you see some of their work first. Quilting is like any craft - there are some who can do it competently (like me) and some who are experts and true artists (like my Grandma). With something this special, as long as you're willing to spend the money, you should get a true artist. quilting is usually a category at any county or state fair as well - so plan on hitting those this summer and you can get the names and numbers of the people selling quilts there and ask if they're interested in doing your project - plus you get the added benefit of seeing their work before you even call them.





from:http://avondjurken.startbeurs.nl/


No comments:

Post a Comment